As the busy spring break season starts to wind down and we make our way through May, the weather gradually starts to shift to a higher humidity index.
The Puerto Vallarta rainy season is typically from July through October, with storms often hitting in the mornings or in the evenings bringing spectacular light shows over Banderas Bay.
Due to higher humidity and water, it’s important to know how to care for your property during this season. Here are a few things you can do to ensure your home is in its best shape through summer:
- Contact an air-conditioning specialist to clean out your units. This should ideally be done twice a year, but especially in spring or summer to keep the units fresh and running smoothly.
- Climb up to check your ceiling fans. Ceiling fans are often overlooked during regular cleaning and can become extremely dusty. Giving them a good clean will allow them to run at full efficiency.
- Seal metalwork around your home with a protective coating. The metal bars on your windows and doors can leave rust stains during rainy season if not protected. This is also a great time to repaint them.
- Clean the exterior drains on your patio, terrace, or parking area. These are essential for preventing flooding at your property, so do make sure they are free of debris.
- Consider contacting a fumigation specialist. Summer in the tropics means more insects, like cockroaches, but having a once or twice a year fumigation can prevent you from seeing them around your home.
The quieter summer atmosphere in Puerto Vallarta is the perfect time to make sure your real estate investment is protected and in top shape for the next high season.
Click here for more Puerto Vallarta real estate and lifestyle tips from Tropicasa Realty.