As we transition into the summer season, people generally start running their air-conditioners more frequently in their Puerto Vallarta home, and with that comes higher electricity bills. For those who own a home in Puerto Vallarta, switching to solar power is definitely an option with our sunny climate and several solar panel companies in Puerto Vallarta and the surrounding Banderas Bay area. But is installing solar panels in your Puerto Vallarta property right for you? Here is a list of pros and cons to consider.
- A completely renewable energy source
- Significant savings on electricity costs
- Easy to maintain, requiring only cleaning a couple of times a year
- Adds significant resale value and buyer appeal to your real estate investment.
- The initial cost to install is expensive
- Although we have very sunny weather generally, a few days of overcast skies during rainy season could reduce your power availability.
- Panels require a lot of roof space and may be difficult to install on homes with pergolas or other architectural details.
Most of those living in Puerto Vallarta that have switched to solar panels don’t go entirely “off the grid” and still have access to C.F.E (the electrical company) so that they can switch between solar to standard electricity if need be. But those homeowners who have decided to switch to solar see very impressive savings on their electricity bills and an immediate increase in the value of their home, which over time will offset the initial investment. If you own property in Puerto Vallarta, it is certainly something to think about.
Click here for more Puerto Vallarta real estate and lifestyle tips from Tropicasa Realty.