Many Canadians (and some Americans) living as permanent residents in Mexico have been patiently waiting for travel restrictions to lift so that they can safely return to Canada to visit friends and family. As of July 5th, some of the restrictions eased for Canadians, with mandatory “COVID hotel” stays ending, and coming soon, some Americans living in Mexico will also be able to enter Canada, as recently announced by the Canadian government. Here’s what you need to know:
· As of August 9, 2021, fully vaccinated Canadians and Americans will be able to enter Canada without a mandatory quarantine period.
· Children under 12 years of age who are not yet approved to get a vaccine will not have to quarantine if with their parents and following appropriate social distancing and public health measures.
· Proof of vaccine will be required and must be in English or French and the vaccine must be two doses of Pfizer, Moderna or AstraZeneca, or one dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine. In all cases, the final dose must have been administered at least 14 days prior to arrival in Canada.
· Travelers must have present a negative COVID PCR test taken not longer than 72 days prior to arrival but will only have to retest once in Canada if chosen by random selection.
· Canadians must upload their the ArriveCAN app prior to returning to Canada.
Tropicasa Realty does not offer medical or official travel advice, but we do understand that for many foreign residents living in Puerto Vallarta and Banderas Bay, the time without being able to freely travel to see loved ones has been challenging. Our source information for this update is from CBC Canada and we highly recommend that you visit the Canada Government website for full information, prior to making travel plans.
For those Canadians living in Mexico, particularly those with American partners or with young children, that have been waiting so long to return to Canada, we wish you safe and healthy travels. Click here for more Puerto Vallarta real estate and lifestyle tips from Tropicasa Realty.
Click here for more Puerto Vallarta real estate and lifestyle tips from Tropicasa Realty.