Mexico is America’s choice for sunny foreign retirement living, with more Americans retiring to Mexico than to any other country outside of the USA. In fact, according to government data collected in 2019, Americans account for the largest group of foreign residents living in Mexico, with over 1.2 million people from the USA now calling this country home. So, what are some of the reasons that it is so appealing to retire to Mexico?
- Affordable cost of living. The popular website Live and Invest Overseas has recently published the list of the 9 most affordable places for Americans to retire in Mexico. Additionally, internationalliving.com polled Americans living in Mexico and estimated that $2500 USD per month will provide a very comfortable standard of living for a couple, complete with extras like a vehicle, private health care, and a weekly housekeeper.
- Social security benefits. Americans living in Mexico are still eligible to receive all their social security benefits.
- Quality health care. Private hospitals and clinics offer an excellent caliber of healthcare with many doctors speaking English fluently and with training from the United States. Doctors, dentists, and specialists are not only highly qualified and extremely affordable, but appointments can generally be gained with very little waiting time.
- Social life. Areas with large American communities of retirees, like Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta and Bucerias, tend to be very social with Facebook groups dedicated to meeting friends and making connections.
- Safety. Puerto Vallarta consistently ranks as one of the most secure destinations in Mexico, both in international rankings and polls taken from local and foreign residents.
Within Mexico, Puerto Vallarta is a top choice beach destination for retirement, and if you have been thinking about spending your golden years on the sunny beaches of our region, contact one of our agents today. We will work with you to find the perfect home in the right neighborhood that will make your retirement dreams come true.
Click here for more Puerto Vallarta real estate and lifestyle tips from Tropicasa Realty.