On March 22, 2021, World Water Day will be observed internationally as we, as a globe, work together to conserve water and our planet. In recognition, Riviera Nayarit is launching a campaign entitled “Water Matters in Riviera Nayarit” as part of the overall Earthcheck initiative, an international environmental certification and management system designed for the tourism industry.
As part of the Water Matters in Riviera Nayarit program, they are reminding all residents (and their neighbors here in Puerto Vallarta and Jalisco) about some simple water conservation tips that not only help the planet but help you save on your home water bills.
- Turn off taps when not in use, like not letting them run while you brush your teeth.
- Try to reduce your shower time.
- Use recycled, soap-free water for watering plants, when possible, and water them in the morning or at night to lessen evaporation.
- Repair leaks and drips around your house.
- Use the minimum amount of detergent possible when washing clothes and use a shorter wash cycle when possible.
- A bucket and sponge are a more water-efficient way of washing your vehicle rather than using a hose.
Additionally, for those families still homeschooling, the Water Matters in Riviera Nayarit program also has a fun contest for kids to help teach them eco-friendly water tips and get their creative minds active the ¡Frénale al consumo! (Slow Down Usage!) art contest. The contest is open to all kids living in Banderas Bay with a 6-to-9-year category and a 10-to-13-year category. There will be prizes awarded and you can download rules and registration here.
We encourage all Puerto Vallarta homeowners and visitors to do their part to conserve water, not just this March, but each day of the year.
Click here for more Puerto Vallarta real estate and lifestyle tips from Tropicasa Realty.