For anyone owning a property in Puerto Vallarta, UNIRSE is a place with which you will soon become familiar. An acronym for Unidad Regional de Servicios del Estado, UNIRSE is the regional state services office where you can accomplish many tasks that anyone living in Puerto Vallarta or owning a home in Vallarta will need.
Located in Fluvial Vallarta at Av. Grandes Lagos 236, and open Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 2:30 pm, UNIRSE is an always busy place that offers the following services:
- Issuing driver’s licenses and exams
- Paying water bills
- Paying annual property taxes in Puerto Vallarta
- Registering vehicles
- Birth certificate requests
- Public registry for property and business
In fact, there are over 30 different service agencies housed at UNIRSE, so you are likely to visit this large building at some point if you live in Puerto Vallarta, either full or part-time. Because it is a bustling place, here are a few tips:
- Check in at the reception desk when you arrive. They will be able to direct you to exactly the right counter to assist you.
- Bring a book or something to entertain yourself while you wait. Each counter has a seating area and you will play a version of musical chairs, as people move from chair to chair as the line progresses, but you may find yourself in the chairs for an hour or two.
- Bring snacks and a drink. There are vending machines at UNIRSE but they are very limited.
Free parking is available and bus routes stop directly in front of the UNIRSE building on a regular basis.
Click here for more Puerto Vallarta real estate and lifestyle tips from Tropicasa Realty.