Warmer days are upon us as spring turns to summer, and you may be starting to feel the change of temperature in your condo or home. We have some tips for keeping your house cool in the summer months in Puerto Vallarta, which don’t require turning on the a/c unit, helping to keep your energy bills low and helping the environment at the same time.
- Close the blinds or use black-out curtains to reduce the unwanted interior temperature of your property by up to 30% or more.
- Close off the doors to unused rooms and focus on keeping the rooms you are utilizing at their coolest temperatures.
- Switch over to 100% cotton bedding for a cooler night’s sleep.
- Place bowls of ice in front of table fans for a “DIY” air-conditioning unit.
- Check your fan rotation. Most people don’t realize that ceiling fans can rotate clockwise or counterclockwise. In the summer months, switch yours to counterclockwise to get a cooling, breezy effect in your home.
- Keep cooking outside of the house. Now is BBQ weather and avoid heating up your home with the stovetop or oven as much as possible.
And if you must sleep with the air-conditioning on, remember to program your remote to turn off periodically during the night and then restart, so save money while you slumber.
Click here for more Puerto Vallarta real estate and lifestyle tips from Tropicasa Realty.